Please read the following carefully to understand how we will use and treat your personal data.
Bookdonors CIC Ltd is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Bookdonors is registered under the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”). For the purposes of the Act the data controller is Bookdonors CIC , Block 18, Mid Unit, Tweedbank Industrial Estate, Galashiels, TD1 3RS.
Bookdonors (“we”, “us” ) set out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us in this policy. It should be read in conjunction with our terms & conditions, and any other documents referred to in it.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Information we may collect from you or from third parties
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our website www.bookdonors.co.uk ("our site"). This includes information you provide when you register an account on our site, search for a product, place an order on our site, post material or request further services from us. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, email address, phone number and credit/debit card information;
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence; and
- details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide including use of our Facebook, Twitter or other social media profiles. We may also receive information about you from third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies).
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. The purpose of this is to collect statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Where we store your personal data
The data that we collect from you will not be transferred to, or stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA").
What We Store & Receive
As part of the registration process, we will ask you to create a user name and password in order to access our site, which you are responsible for keeping confidential. We ask you not to share the user name and password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site and any transmission is at your own risk. If you prefer we are happy to deal with you by phone, contact detail can be found in the Contact Us section of our site. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To administer our site and to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us.
- To provide you with information about other products and services we offer that are similar to those you have already purchased or enquired about.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our site, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006, as well as our regulators and auditors. We may also disclose your personal information to our business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you (which may include sub-contractors we engage to provide technical, delivery and payment services).
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets; and
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms of website use http://www.bookdonors.co.uk/terms-conditions/. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information that you provide whilst visiting such sites and this privacy statement does not govern such sites. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
What is a Cookie?
A cookie is a small file stored on your computer by a website to give you a unique ID. Cookies help make it easier and faster for you to use our website because it can remember if you’ve visited the website, and they help us provide you with the information you need about your gift reminders or account details – when and where you need it.
A cookie generated by our website contains no information about you. It contains only a numeric ID that, for example, allows you to retrieve your account details or shopping list. The cookie lets you enter your email and password so you don’t have to enter those details again, or it lets you save products to a wish list if available.
Which cookies we use
The information below sets out the cookies we use on our site, along with a description of their purpose.
- _ga This cookie is used to distinguish you from other users of our website. Expires 2 years after being set. Find out more
- _gat This cookie is used to throttle the request rate. Expires 10 minutes after being set. Find out more
- Cart The association with your shopping cart. Expires at end of session
- Category_Info Stores the category information on the page, displaying pages more quickly. Expires at end of session
- Compare Displays the items that you have in the Compare Products list. Expires at end of session
- Currency Displays your preferred currency. Expires Expires at end of session
- Customer Provides us with an encrypted version of your customer id with the store. Expires at end of session
- Customer_Auth Indicates whether you are currently logged into the store. Expires at end of session
- Customer_Info Provides an encrypted version of the customer group you belong to. Expires at end of session
- Customer_Segment_IDS Stores the Customer Segment ID. Expires at end of session
- External_no_cache A flag which indicates whether caching is disabled or not. Expires at end of session
- Frontend Your session ID on the server. Expires at end of session
- Guest-View Allows guests to edit their orders. Expires at end of session
- Last_Category Displays the last category you visited. Expires at end of session
- Last_Product Displays the most recent product you have viewed. Expires at end of session
- NewMessage Indicates whether a new message has been received. Expires at end of session
- No_Cache Indicates whether cache can be used. Expires at end of session
- Persistent_Shopping_Cart Provides a link to information about your cart and viewing history. Expires at end of session
- Poll Shows the ID of any polls you have recently voted in. Expires at end of session
- Polln Information on what polls you have voted on. Expires at end of session
- RecentlyCompared Shows the items that you have recently compared. Expires at end of session
- STF Information on products you have emailed to friends. Expires at end of session
- Store The store view or language you have selected. Expires at end of session
- Viewed_Product_IDS Shows the products that you have recently viewed. Expires at end of session
- WishList Shows an encrypted list of products added to your wish list. Expires at end of session
- WishList_CNT Shows the number of items in your wish list. Expires at end of session